Wednesday, February 07, 2007

Unethical Motives

Finally I got to know the reason why my colleague is resigning. Curiosity/guilt got the hold of me and I went to ask my boss if my colleague is resigning because of me always changing her design. Well, his answer is no. The reason why she wanted to resign is because she is going for medical surgery and she wants to take a rest after her surgery. She told my boss that she has to leave within 2 days (which normally, all staffs are required to give a 2 months notice for resignation) because of her surgery and she had just reformatted her laptop without backing up all the files, thus all the source files are lost.

Seriously, after knowing that she deleted all the source files from her laptop, I no longer had the guilt in me. And in fact, I feel very disappointed for her actions. I really find no reasons to justify why she needs to reformat her laptop without backing up all the source files. Perhaps I am being too quick to judge, but obviously, her actions are not accidental and she could be sued if my boss is to pursue this matter.

However, out of all the unpleasant things that had happened, I thank God that one of the freelance designer that my company engages, volunteer to assist me in my project free of charge, which means I still have hopes of delivering my project in time and within budget =)

1 Comments:

At 1:31 PM, Blogger chaiyen said...

yahh... don't be affected by guilt, so long as you had done your part.

nice catching up with you btw.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home