Saturday, February 03, 2007

Guilty

Today, I heard news of my colleague tendering her resignation letter. At that very moment, I felt very guilty. Somehow, I felt that her resignation is because of me. Perhaps I had pushed her too much for the past few weeks.

I do understand that a lot of times, design could be very abstract, what looks good to one might not looks good to another. What she felt that is nice, might not be appealing to me. But what looks good to her and looks disastrous to me, to everyone in the company and to all my clients, something must be very wrong.

Weeks after weeks, I rejected her work, asking her to redo everything. And when I say “redo everything”, I don’t mean just changing the colors, I expect alot more than that. My very last comment for her work was “so-so, looks ok, but not impressive”. Of course I did not say those words to her, what I told her was “Looks ok, but can you please change this….change that…”

Perhaps I had pushed her too far and rob her of her creativity, but for something that couldn’t even pass my eyesight, how am I supposed to present the design work to my boss and clients?

4 Comments:

At 11:22 AM, Blogger Fleur De La Lune said...

Dear ah ne.... maybe she needs a little encouragement.... or rejection of her works to be put across in a more encouraging way.... or maybe she has misunderstood your good intentions....

will really be very nice if both of you can have a good lunch time together with a fruitful conversation :o)

 
At 1:24 PM, Blogger Yanlin said...

i did...i extended the deadline weeks after weeks, till it drag to months, yet there is no improvement...tried talking to her, but her answer is always 'everything is fine'...only when i want to check her work, i realize that nothing was done...it really puts me on a spot because i really do not want to reprimand her but on my side, i am not able to deliver the project

 
At 2:49 AM, Blogger chaiyen said...

i understand you so well. hmm, i am just thinking now. how can we be one that help someone creative discover more? i think it is tough but a journey. like the experts put it, we need to learn to give them the ideas but make them think that it is their ideas. hahaha like treating man :)

 
At 12:47 PM, Blogger Fleur De La Lune said...

Dear ah ne........ your colleague does not have a very good attitude at work wor....

 

Post a Comment

<< Home